Mental Health First Aid
Our Mental Health First Aid training equips employers and their staff with the knowledge, skills and confidence to help a colleague, customer or client. With a 41% increase in people experiencing some kind of mental health issue at work; being able to recognise the signs and symptoms of mental ill health is a vital part of employers responsibility to the wellbeing of their staff.
Our expert trainers can deliver a recognised two day MHFA session or half-day 'lite' version to staff in your workplace, or at our offices in Ealing tailoring the sessions to your organisation and its needs.
Why MHFA is important in the workplace
Far more people will suffer with their mental health in the workplace than will require physical first aid.
In addition, mental health problems are common and costly for business:
- Stress, anxiety and depression are the most common reason for staff sickness absence – that’s even more common than musculoskeletal or back problems!
- The Centre for Mental Health found that the cost to employers of poor mental health is more than £1000 per employee, per year
- Due to stigma and a lack of knowledge many mental health problems remain hidden, dismissed or ignored in the workplace
MHFA is one of the best courses I have been on in a very long time and I would like to have a refresher course every few years
About MHFA Training
The training is available as a full two day course and also as a “lite” version, providing a half-day overview.
All materials are provided, and delegates leave with action plans and comprehensive resource booklets. These will continue to act as a reference and have a lasting positive impact within your organisation.
The course covers how to:
- Spot early signs of a mental health problem
- Help stop a mental illness from getting worse
- Support people to recover more quickly
- Help reduce the stigma of mental health conditions
Twining and MHFA
Our trainers are qualified, experienced, and informed by Twining's years of successfully supporting people with mental health problems in and into work.
We can deliver MHFA in your place of work and can discuss your specific needs in advance to tailor courses and make them relevant to your organisation and staff.
This needs to be rolled out to other departments; professional delivery of content, yet done in an engaging & confident manner
Courses start at just £2,500 for at least 12 staff and can be hosted in our offices in Ealing or at a location of your choice. We also have individual spaces on our own courses available from just £300 per person.
Our next dates are:
- 4-5 April in Ealing - book now!
- 20-21 June in Ealing - book now!
- 11-12 September in Ealing - book now!
- 13-14 November in Ealing - book now!
If you would like to find out more or book a course for your organisation or a small group, please contact us:
020 8840 8833