Hillingdon IPS Trailblazer
Our IPS Trailblazer service supports local people with common mental health problems to get work and keep work. Our team of Employment Specialists provide one-to-one support. Our Hillingdon service is based on the Individual Placement Support (IPS) model.
How can you support me?
An Employment Specialist will meet with you regularly. Together, you can plan what your employment goals are and how we can help you reach them.
Below are a few examples of ways we can provide practical support to you:
- Supporting you to improve your confidence and motivation to work
- Providing careers advice and guidance
- Showing you how to write a great CV/fill out application forms
- Teaching you effective job searching approaches
- Improving your interview and presentation techniques
- Helping you prepare for those all-important first days back at work
We also continue to support you once you have started work for as long as you need us.
Who is the service for?
This service is for people with common mental health problems such as anxiety or depression who live in Hillingdon, and are unemployed and claiming either:
- Job Seekers Allowance
- Employment Support Allowance who is not on the Work Programme, or
- Universal Credit
How can I access this service?
Generally you will need to be referred via your Jobcentre Plus or talking therapy services, but we also welcome referrals from social workers, GPs and other professionals.
How can I get in touch?
If you would like more information or have any questions, we'd be happy to help you.
For information please contact us at:
03001 235 197
Or download a leaflet here: Card Client Hillingdon
Our team of Employment Specialists work within Harrow's community mental health services.