Twining’s Haringey Employment Support service supports local people with mental health problems to get work and keep work. Our team of Employment Specialists provide one-to-one support. Our Haringey service is based on the Individual Placement Support (IPS) model.
To access support all you need is to:
- Live in Haringey
- Be unemployed and want to work or employed and want support at work
- Receiving support from a secondary care mental health team such as: Early Intervention in Psychosis Team OR Recovery & Enablement Track (RET), which is part of Haringey's Community Support and Recovery Team
How can you support me?
An Employment Specialist will meet with you regularly. Together, you can plan what your employment goals are and how we can help you reach them.
Below are a few examples of ways we can provide practical support to you:
- Providing careers advice and guidance
- Assisting you in writing a great CV/ filling out application forms
- Helping you search for jobs, colleges and volunteering opportunities
- Providing access to welfare benefits advice
We also continue to support you once you have started work for as long as you need us.
Find out more: Download the eight key principles IPS is based on.
Visit the Centre for Mental Health for more on the IPS model of employment support.
How can I access this service?
All you need to do is ask one of the Haringey teams listed above to refer you.
Only people accessing support from these secondary mental health teams can join the service. For other support, please visit our resources page.
How can I get more information?
If you have any questions, we’d be happy to help you, contact us at:
020 8840 8833
Or download our leaflet here: Card Client Haringey
Our team of Employment Specialists work within Haringey’s community mental health services delivered by Barnet Enfield & Haringey Mental Health NHS Trust. This new service has been made possible through the commitment and funding of Haringey Council and the Department for Work & Pensions.