Barnet IPS Employment Service
Our Barnet Employment Support Service (ESS) supports people in and into work in conjunction with the local Improving Access to Psychological Therapies Service (IAPT). Our team of Employment Advisors provide employment support within this NHS service for people with mild to moderate mental health problems.
Who is the service for?
ESS can assist you whether you are:
- signed off sick from work, or
- in work but struggling
All you need is to:
- Have a diagnosis of depression or anxiety
- Live in the Borough of Barnet
- Be receiving support from the IAPT team
- Want to find work, return to work from sickness absence or stay in work
How can you support me?
We provide you with confidential one-to-one meetings with an Employment Advisor. The Advisor works with the clinical workers in the team to make your employment support a part of your overall package of care and treatment. Together, you can plan what your employment goals are and how we can help you reach them.
What we do really depends on you, and what your personal circumstances, goals and needs are. However, below are a few examples of ways we can provide practical support to you.
We can help you if you’re looking for work by:
- Providing careers advice and guidance
- Assisting you in writing a great CV/ filling out application forms
- Helping you search for jobs, colleges and volunteering opportunities
- Providing access to welfare benefits advice
We can help you if you’re on sick leave by:
- Exploring return to work solutions with your employer
- Seeing what adjustments might help you
- Supporting a return to work that is managed and achievable for you
We can help you if you’re struggling in work:
- Addressing any difficulties at work that are affecting your wellbeing
- Helping you gain support from employers, human resources or occupational health departments
- Advising you on new roles/jobs/careers, if needed
How can I access this service?
If you would like to be referred to ESS, please ask your GP to refer you to the Employment Support Service in Barnet IAPT.
If you are already a patient of the IAPT service just ask your therapist or counsellor to refer you to the Employment Support Service.
How can I get in touch?
If you would like more information or have any questions, just contact us.
We are based within Barnet’s IAPT service which includes Well-being Advisors, Cognitive Behavioural Therapists, Counsellors and Advocates.