We know that looking for work,training or education can be stressful. If you live in Islington we can help, with whatever support you want or need.
Our Mental Health Working service covers the boroughs of Camden and Islington, and if you have a mental health problem, we can help with locally based employment support.
Who is the service for?
It doesn’t matter what kind of mental health problem you have, or what stage you’re at in your working life; our service is for everyone.
To join us, all you need is to:
- Be out of work
- Have a mental health problem (you do not need to have a medical diagnosis)
- Live in Camden or Islington (or be registered with a GP in Camden/Islington)
- Be over 18 years old
- Have a desire to return to paid work, volunteer work, or training
How can you support me?
There are two ways in which we can you offer employment support:
- One-to-one sessions with an Employment Advisor, or
- A course of workshops covering key topics
Our team of Employment Advisors work with mental health services across the borough such as iCope and other services delivered by Camden & Islington NHS Foundation Trust. This makes referral to our service easy for you and also ensures our employment support forms part of your overall care.
We can help you if you’re looking for work by:
- Assistance writing a great CV/ filling out application forms
- Looking at how to job search as well as find employers, colleges and volunteering opportunities
- Support around interview practice, including mock interviews
- Confidence building, motivation, stress management and assertiveness
- Looking at the pros and cons of disclosure
We can also offer you extra support by phone, e-mail or face-to-face if you need it.
How can I access this service?
Just ask your GP or mental health professional to refer you to Mental Health Working service delivered by Twining.
Or you can contact us directly.
How can I get in touch?
If you would like more information or want to refer yourself, just contact us.
020 8840 8833